How do you adjust the candy wheel?
Adjusting the candy wheel on your candy machine will allow you to set the amount of candy that comes out per vend. This should help control your costs, maximize your profits, and keep your customers happy.
Dispensing too little candy can result in a loss of repeat sales and upset customers, but vending too much candy can hurt your bottom line. There has to be a happy medium.
The average bulk vending machine should be capable of dispensing product smaller than .76 inches (including smaller size gumballs or the square chicle tab gums). How much you dispense is controlled by the Wing component. The Wing is easily adjusting using the following simple steps:
- Take apart your candy machine by unlocking the top lock and pulling the lock out of the machine. Slide the globe off and you should be able to access the Candy Wheel’s assembly.
- Remove the screws that hold the candy wheel in place.
- Remove the Brush Plate.
- Lift up the wing and reinsert it to allow the desired amount of product to be dispensed.
- Replace the Screws and tighten. Do not overtighten.
- Test the dispensed amount. If the amount vended is too much or too little, unscrew the Screws, adjust, and re-secure.
- Replace the Candy Wheel back into the Hopper.
- Place the Brush Plate back onto the Candy Wheel. Most of the Brush Plates are marked with an arrow indicating the front (which aligns the springs to cover the triangular opening.) Make sure you place it back correctly. Secure with screws.
- Reassemble your candy dispensing machine.